Spot open at a local realty company. Small firm, good folks.
I mostly lurk on here these days, so drop a post if you send me a pm for more info and I'll send you the HR email address. Job description:
The Data Base Administrator (DBA) is responsible for providing technical support for the database environment, overseeing the development and organization of the databases, evaluation and implementation of new technologies, and providing the Technology Department with a long-range perspective on the relationship of database technology to the business opportunities facing the company, and which will specialize in working with systems that support a vacation rental environment. This is a “hands-on” position that requires solid technical skills and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
• Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
• Apply data modeling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
• Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
• Ensure all database servers are backed up and be able to test them. When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes.
• Troubleshoot SQL Server service outages as they occur, including after-hours and weekends.
• Install and configure new SQL Servers.
• Ensure that new database code meets company standards for readability, reliability, and performance
• Advise relevant staff on the most efficient database designs (tables, data types, stored procedures, functions, etc), complex query tuning and schema refinement.
• Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor of Computer Science or 5 years MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
• Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
• Experience working with Windows server.
• Experience with Object -relational Mapping Systems.
• Ability and experience writing T-SQL.
• Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments.
• Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting techniques.
• Knowledge of reporting and query tools and practices.
• Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Flexible, team player, “get-it-done” personality.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Experience with network security a plus.
• Knowledge of the vacation rental industry a plus.
BS CS as a substitute for 5 years experience in MS SQL Server Administration.
[Edited on April 10, 2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason : Highly competitive salary commensurate with experience]
4/10/2018 10:18:48 AM