User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » What CAR you thinking about at this very moment? Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38], Prev  
TKE-Teg
All American
43141 Posts
user info
edit post

What're you towing?

How much can a Prime tow?

The current RAV4 looks pretty great, IMO.

4/11/2022 9:16:28 AM

theDuke866
All American
52221 Posts
user info
edit post

Motorcycles, track car, boat.

It’s rated at 2500 lbs.

That limits track cars, but I could do a Rush or a Radical, or a Legends or Thunder Roadster, etc.

Boat would be over the weight, but 99% of the time, I’d just be towing it 500 yards from dry storage to the ramp. (And the other 1%, I could use the 66 pickup).

4/11/2022 3:54:53 PM

theDuke866
All American
52221 Posts
user info
edit post

F150 Lightning would be great, but I figure it’ll be a year or two at least before I can actually buy one…

And an EV/PHEV Maverick / Ranger / Hyundai Santa Cruz / etc would be good, but they’re not even announced yet.

I figure I can either get thr RAV Prime and call it good enough, or I might have to wait a couple of years to get what I really want.

And if I don’t get thr RAV now, they’ll lose their $7500 tax credit, and loan interest rates will go up (I can borrow at 2.1% right now.)

4/11/2022 3:58:46 PM

TKE-Teg
All American
43141 Posts
user info
edit post

Yeah I don't picture a unit body FWD based CUV as a good candidate for towing a vehicle. You just seemed a little surprised by it, haha.

4/14/2022 9:05:44 AM

smoothcrim
Universal Magnetic!
18769 Posts
user info
edit post

I'm picking up a volvo suv for my gf for the same thing. t5 turbo 5cyl tows 3500 and gets 30+mpg. need something to tow a radical

4/17/2022 9:45:56 PM

 Message Boards » The Garage » What CAR you thinking about at this very moment? Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 [38], Prev  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2022 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.38 - our disclaimer.